Life with Sensory Processing Disorder

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Meltdown Alert!


Sometimes I feel like I’m an alien from another planet and don’t belong here. I just don’t relate to people, I don’t understand social cues, I never know what is the “right” thing to do, what is too much or not enough. I am usually accepting and happy with myself and glad that I am different.

But sometimes, like today, my life is overwhelming: when I can’t sleep, I’m sick with allergies & possibly a touch of the flu, sensory issues are extremely troublesome, recent dental visit hurt & stressed me out, weather is dark & gloomy, and other things outside my control are extremely upsetting, I feel like I could cry for days. I feel like I want to have a meltdown and lie on the floor kicking my feet and screaming it isn’t fair, why me, how much do I have to endure!?

I really don’t want this blog to be a bitch fest, I hate complainers and complaining. I aim to be positive, informative, and helpful. I know everyone has bad days and they are normal, but mine seem to be magnified by 1 million. So for now I will allow myself this pity party and have myself a good cry, hug my dog, curl up in bed with a good book and a cup of tea, and spend quality time with my husband when he gets home and make tomorrow a better day.

If you suffer from SPD or any other ailment, I’m with ya. I feel your pain. I know your struggle. Life sucks sometimes. It does always get better. We just need to hang in there and count our blessings. If all else fails, do something to make someone else’s day better. How can you not feel good making someone else smile?


No comments:

Post a Comment