Life with Sensory Processing Disorder

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Aha Moment



I’ve been spending a lot of time lately doing bead work. Christmas is coming and I need some extra money, so I’m ramping up my productivity to see if I can sell some things online before the holidays. I had the most profound aha moment the other day.


I was going to create a specific piece (have a list of things I want to make eg; bracelet, ring, necklace) – usually I pick up a bead and just know what to do with it, what goes with it, I have an immediate vision, and go with the flow – I swear sometimes I feel possessed, my husband says it is my creative talent – and this item was no exception. I had no plan to work with this particular cabochon, but I saw it, picked it up, and just started working with it, in an unexpected way. Anyway I found myself stuck at one point. It needed more work… yet I didn’t like it… I wasn’t sure how to proceed. I thought I had it right, but something odd happened. I flipped it on its side and wow – off again, new vision and it worked out well, better than expected. I never thought to use it on its side. It made me think how many times do I get stumped in life and *if only I would look at things from a different angle, I might approach things differently* -must remember when feeling stuck or when SPD is getting me down! Anyway, working on final edging of my piece, will post it in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment