Life with Sensory Processing Disorder

Monday, March 17, 2014

Lunar Effect



I have difficulty sleeping during the 4 or so days around a full moon. It isn't the light from a full moon as we close our light blocking curtains at night and the moon isn't always shining on the window. I don't always know when a full moon occurs, but I always wake up when the moon crests the top of our house and is over the bedroom. Our bedroom can be pitch black and I will wake up and tell my husband I bet it is a full moon or close to one. It never fails. It is quite irritating. The other night my allergies were bothering me so I took 2 Benadryl - which always knocks me out, and something else for sleep to guarantee a good nights sleep, and sure enough, come 4am, I am wide awake for no reason - don't have to use the restroom, no noise, no light. Tired, but wide awake. I open the curtains and look outside, sure enough an almost full moon above.


I've looked this up and there are studies that say the moon can affect our sleep, mood, and actions. Others say it isn't possible. Well, I can say for certain it affects my sleep. I feel the moon, not sure how to explain it other than I can hear & sense light energy/buzzing. I'm not sure how to handle it because I am not a heavy sleeper to begin with and once awake have a hard time falling back asleep. I've taken sleeping pills, other meds, tried yoga, meditation, breathing exercises. In the past I've never kept track of moon cycles. I hate to think I will always be woken up during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment