Life with Sensory Processing Disorder

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Happiness


I recently viewed a documentary on PBS titled Happy (I highly recommend viewing! -just a side note: I love documentaries, information, psychology, self help!). I found this to be a very inspiring doc. I totally agree that the hedonic treadmill is a vicious cycle that causes unhappiness (the more you have the more you want) and have known this for most of my life and have never been one to keep up with the Jones’. This documentary was a lovely reminder that happiness is available to all.
Having SPD makes me feel a wide range of emotions and I often forget that there is more to life than pain. I find myself angry a lot due to the injustices of SPD and have to remind myself of the things that make me happy and do them. I’ve compiled a long list of things that make me happy and keep them on my computer to serve as a reminder and set out to do at least one of them daily. My list proves that for me, the best things in life are indeed free! It doesn’t cost anything to laugh with my husband, to read, to play with my dogs, to do something for others, to be in nature, to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment