Life with Sensory Processing Disorder

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Upside to Sensory Processing Disorder



Believe it or not, there are positives and benefits to having SPD! 


Having hypersensitive smell comes in handy when catching fires before they become problematic, detecting gas leaks, smelling food burning right away before it is inedible, knowing immediately when the dog pooped in the kitchen.


Music can be felt and not just heard. SPD can make meditation a remarkable experience. When listening to guided meditation my entire body feels the vibration of the gong and my breath entrains quickly to slow background music.


Being in nature is amazing. I can smell the dirt, water, leaves, and those aren’t usually overbearing or bothersome. One of my favorite hobbies is nature photography. Seeing & capturing such beauty gives me incredible happiness and I forget about having SPD. Being in nature is the one time my senses give me joy and actually rejuvenate me. I feel as if I absorb the living energy all around and it boosts my sense of wellbeing.


Being sensitive to energy is also good because it helps to weed out negative people who drain your life force, or at least you know who to limit your time around if you can’t avoid them.


When it comes to love & intimacy all emotions and senses are heightened.

*You can purchase the above SPD ribbon as a sticker or magnet HERE
 



No comments:

Post a Comment